Monday, February 18, 2013

Mothman Through the Peep Hole

Late last November, the popular blog, Who Forted?, among others, broke a quite interesting story that has ties to here in the Mountain State.  It seems that even after the 1966-67 flap of Mothman sightings in Point Pleasant ended, the man-beast with the glowing eyes, wings, and muscular legs, has once again returned to terrorize citizens. 

And while Mothman has been sighted many times over the intervening years, it seems that is target in November, 2012 was a woman named Sharon Davis.  Although none of the articles available online states where Davis is from, what IS known is that she called into the Ground Zero radio show out of Portland, Oregon and sought advice from host Clyde Lewis concerning a beastly creature that seemed to be stalking her.  Clyde suggested that she attempt to take a photograph of this creature, which is seen below.

According to Davis, this photo, which allegedly shows "Mothman" standing beside her car, was shot on a friend's cell phone through her apartment door's peep hole.  Her reasoning behind this odd "angle" is simply because she was too terrified to go outside, or even look outside her window.  This is what she had to say about the photo:

"The being is boldly and directly looking at me and is not intimidated by me in the least. It was there all night, it orginally was standing at the back bumper of my car and I did take several pictures which shows that it did not stay stationary but did move to the mid section of the car and half in half out."

Obviously, due to the poor quality of the photo combined with the way it was taken and the subject matter, this photo has been ridiculed by many, both in the paranormal community and out.  Personally, I'd like to play Devil's Advocate for a minute...

Let's assume that this is some type of paranormal entity.  In the 1960s, one of the original Mothman witnesses in Pt. Pleasant did say that Mothman seemed to "stalk" her---she would often see him standing outside of her home.  Others reported similar behavior.  Therefore, it isn't totally off-behavior for this being (if it IS Mothman) to just simply be hanging out.  And, as we've seen over the past 40+ years, Mothman has allegedly been seen outside the tri-state area, lol.

However, one thing really stands out at me.  ALL Mothman witnesses report the being to have red, glowing eyes.  Even with a cheap cell phone camera, the eyes (and uh, WINGS) should be visible, right?

What do you think?  Is it Mothman...or perhaps some other paranormal entity?  Is it a hoax, or a mis-identification of  a real, live stalker? 

2 comments:

  1. Theresa,

    I contacted GZ about this several months ago and was put in touch with the guy who did the initial investigation.

    After speaking with him for almost an hour on the phone he assured me that he was going back to the witness house to set up some "paranormal" equipment as well as get the "mothman" story in more detail.

    He also said he was launching a paranormal site the following monday (we spoke on a saturday) and would send me a link as soon as it was up and running. He claimed to be privy to several paranormal event and also claimed to have some "amazing footage" on video.

    I told him that I would hold off on my article regarding the "entity" seen thru the peephole in order to gain a more complete story.

    I still have the recorded conversation and he did provide some details that were not public knowledge about the incident.

    He seemed more than willing to enter into a joint operation with me and my website but that was the last I heard from him.

    GZ was extremely forthcoming and helpful, but unfortunately, I still haven't gotten the story from their source (which I won't name here).

    I had almost forgotten about it until today when I say your headline.

    I would have loved to have gotten to the bottom of this, but it seems that it may have all been a hoax. I may never know for sure.

    Just thought I'd throw you some info on it as I like to help other sites when I can.

    Regards,

    Scott McMan
    GhostTheory.com

    ReplyDelete